- Certified USDA Organic
- To use as a supplement, add one drop to four ounces of water or place a drop in an empty supplement capsule†
- Add a drop to recipes or tea
- Diffuse or use topically over the upper abdomen for a warming experience
- Form: Oil
- Serving Size: 1 drop
- Number of Servings: about 250 drops
- Product Weight: 15 mL / .5 oz.
Ancient Apothecary Ginger Essential Oil
For topical, aromatherapy or dietary purposes.
Ginger is a flowering plant widely used as a spice, and it has been used traditionally for thousands of years. Ginger is part of the plant family that includes turmeric and cardamom, and all are regarded for their health and wellness benefits. Ginger has a sweet, spicy, woody and warm scent, and ginger essential oil is a warming essential oil
Due to its properties, ginger is often an integral part of Asian cuisines.
Ginger essential oil is believed to be the most potent form of ginger because it has the highest levels of gingerol. In fact, of the 115 different chemical components found in ginger root, the health benefits are believed to come from gingerols, the oily resin from the root that has antioxidant properties.
Ginger essential oil is also made up of approximately 90 percent sesquiterpenes.
Ginger oil blends well with an array of spice and citrus oils, as well as eucalyptus, frankincense, geranium and rosemary oils.
Ginger Oil uses:
- Use ginger oil in your favorite sweet and spicy recipes, including a stellar ginger tea.
- Rub one drop of ginger essential oil on the stomach or bottoms of the feet.
- For soothing relief, put a drop of ginger oil in the palm of the hands, rub together, place over nose and mouth and inhale.
- To use as a supplement, dilute one drop of ginger essential oil in four ounces of water or in an empty supplement capsule and consume.†
- Diffuse or use topically over the upper abdomen for a warming, fortifying experience.
- For relief of occasional joint or muscle discomfort, rub a drop or two directly on desired areas.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Consult your physician before use, especially if pregnant, nursing, taking medication or if you have a medical condition. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, and sensitive skin. Keep out of reach of children.