- Certified USDA Organic
- To use as a supplement, add one drop to four ounces of water or place a drop in an empty supplement capsule†
- Diffuse for a stress-soothing experience
- Add a drop to your favorite recipes
- Form: Oil
- Serving Size: 1 drop
- Number of Servings: about 250 drops
- Product Weight: 15 mL / .5 oz.
Ancient Apothecary Holy Basil Essential Oil
For topical, aromatherapy or dietary purposes.
Holy basil, also known as tulsi (meaning “the incomparable one”), has been historically used in Ayurveda as an “adaptogen” to help counterbalance life stressors.
The small, bushy holy basil shrub is native to India—an annual plant with lavender-hued flowers. Holy basil is an important plant in many traditional and folk health systems in Southeast Asia, including Ayurveda.
Ayurveda is the world’s oldest health-related systems. It centers on a holistic approach to health that focuses on preserving and promoting good health through healthy lifestyle practices — including regular consumption of adaptogenic herbs that have the power to enhance the body’s ability to maintain balance in a world with a ton of stressful components.
For this reason, the Ayurvedic tradition often recommends the regular consumption of tulsi tea as an essential lifestyle practice.
And while the holy basil shrub is small, don’t be fooled by its diminutive appearance, because it can offer big benefits!
In fact, holy basil can be incredibly beneficial to human health, primarily due to its fascinating composition of its essential oil, containing eugenol, camphor, flavonoids, nerol and various terpenes. This rich blend of compounds can deliver numerous health benefits.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Consult your physician before use, especially if pregnant, nursing, taking medication or if you have a medical condition. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, and sensitive skin. Keep out of reach of children.
Holy basil oil uses:
Holy basil blends well with eucalyptus, juniper, lemon, neroli or rosemary—and is best used with these via diffusion.
- As a supplement, dilute one drop to 4 ounces of water, or place one drop into an empty supplement capsule, and consume.†
- Diffuse at home or work for a stress-soothing experience.
- Diffuse throughout the day, or inhale it occasionally directly from the bottle.
- Add a drop to your favorite recipes.
- To boost an overall sense of well-being, diffuse for 30 minutes a couple times a day.
- Add two drops of holy basil to two quarts of iced tea.